Children’s eye exams are covered by Manitoba Health for children under 19.
Here are 5 great reasons to have your child's eyes checked before school starts in September.
- Learning is 80% visual. Eye exams before school starts means your child will be ready for optimal learning.
- Undiagnosed prescription. Could your child's behavioral or academic performance be due to visual problems previously undiagnosed?
- Even if your child does wear glasses, make sure the prescription is current and meeting your child's needs, for academic and sports performance.
- As stated above, coverage of eye exams is available through Manitoba Health.
- Children's eyes can change significantly while they are growing therefore they should have their eyes examined annually through their school years.